KC Gardens

How to get rid of sandburrs?


I have a recently acquired property that is overrun with sandburs. The type that has a grassy appearance. - Earl -


  1. 5 months, 3 weeks ago

    Sandbur, except for where you pull it by hand, must be treated with a pre emergent. Ask your garden store for a pre emergent with trifluralin. Apply it according to the directions on the label.

    Mike — Johnson County Extension Master Gardener

Sign in with Facebook to comment.

Copyright 2014 The Kansas City Star.  All  rights  reserved.  This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten  or redistributed.